Skip to main content

I love Cat Patrick!


Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Out: now
4.5/5 Stars
Review copy: from the library

I was not going to read this book, in fact I had "forgotten" to even add it to my TBR list. But, one of the perks of my library job is to see the new titles when they come in. When I pulled it from the pile, one of my Teen Book Club members was standing there, and we looked it over. She decided to check it out.

Flash forward to the next day, when Cayla came screaming into the office:
You have to read this NOW!
O-kay. Well, I couldn't put the darn thing down and read it in one night.
It's a winner!

Why? Well, a big thumbs up for London who is a great character with a voice that just grabs you right away. There is very little angst here, and this girl has a lot to be depressed about-however, London never seems to mire in it.

And Cayla and I agree, Luke is one of the BEST male characters, ever. He well developed, realistic, and has multiple levels-not the typical YA pretty boy who just shows up to rescue the lead female when it is needed. Hooray for Luke, may we all find one just like him for ourselves!

My big fear was that the novel would fall into the Groundhog Day trap (re: boring) and it never did. Well done!
Was hoping for a sequel, but CP's blog says no. Oh, well, I will still keep passing this title around. It's a keeper!
I am not usually a fan girl, but I went and friended Cat Patrick on every social site and her blog. Why? Because I want more, of course.

Comments

Well, I loved it, so that was your first clue that you'd love it, too LOLI was like you and had no desire to read this at first but I'm so, so glad I did!
I just finished this book.
I loved it!!!!!
I loved London as well and thought she was such a great character. I can't wait to read more by this author.

I will have my review of this book up in a couple of days, be sure to stop by and check it out.
I posted my review today, come check it out!

Popular posts from this blog

Attention Lucky Leprechauns.....

Whoo hoo! Time for some lucky, Irish fun. One lucky, lucky person will win a $25 gift card to Amazon to spend on whatever your little heart desires. Rules: Fill out the form. Comments and follows are not required, but sure are nice! US only, I am just too new at this to attempt International at this point. Check out all of the blogs on the hop! There are loads of chances to win some great stuff. Thank you for entering, and please feel free to stop back and visit me anytime! Contest open: March 17, 2011 to March 20, 2011. Winner will be notified on the 21st by email. Hop to here to see the list of participating blogs! Loading...

The Perfect Giveway!

Christi the Teen Librarian and I had the great fun of meeting Ellen Hopkins in Princeton last week. I want to share this great event with a reader who would love to own an autographed copy of Ellen's latest YA novel: Perfect. This is a finished copy, not an arc. Here's the skinny. No fancy forms, no extra entries (you know, I think those things are bunk anyway!), and no hoops to jump through! *you must be 13 to enter *I can only ship to US addresses only (sorry!) *Giveaway runs until November 11 *winner will be determined by Random.org So leave a comment with your name, and a way to contact you. Follows are NOT required, but I have more giveaways planned so you may want to follow just so you have a head's up on those.

Time Enough At Last

Finding time to read seems to be an issue if you are not the type to make it a priority. Really, though, I think the major obstacle to finding time to read is not Life itself, but the television. I try to limit my TV viewing. Time is so precious to me, I can't squander hours away in front of the box. Not only am I a parent of two little girls, I work full time, and attend college full time. The best thing that ever happened to me was the invention of the digital recorder. I can tape my shows and watch them on my schedule. Some of the TV shows I find worth my time are: Torchwood, Lost, Doctor Who, Pushing Daisies, and My Name Is Earl. I'm not loyal to any of them, and a great book takes precedence over watching TV. Last year I managed to read sixty four books. This was the lowest total for me in years, but my Fall semester was reading intensive and I don't count textbooks in my final total. I also do not count my YA reads, but I read quite a lot of them to stay on top of ...