Skip to main content

Pete The Cat is Groovy Like That

This afternoon we met for our Pete the Cat Party!  I read Pete the Cat's 4 Groovy Buttons and Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana. Then we played a game. On the recording The Big Silly with Mr. Eric (Litwin), Eric reads Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes. I grabbed construction paper in white, red, blue, and brown and just threw them willy nilly on the floor. I had everyone start on a white paper. Honestly, the kids know this story by heart, so it was super fun. I told them that silly things were about to happen to Pete's shoes, and they had only a few seconds to jump to the correct color or they would have to come up front and sing the song with Miss Kristie. 
After the game we did a guided Pete the Cat drawing exercise. They enjoyed that way more than I thought they would and spent 20 minutes coloring in their pictures and/or adding items to the picture. Crafts are kind of beat lately. I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to kill myself making a craft no one wants to make. It was the first time I attempted a drawing and it went over big. 

I did this program at two libraries. At the first library we moved on to making Pete the Cat's shirt with four groovy buttons (graham crackers, yellow icing, and m&ms). Today, it was someone's birthday (hee hee) so we knocked back with some cupcakes. 

Overall, it went very well at both locations. If you are wondering why it is snowing on the children in the first picture it was because I was playing with the new features on PicMonkey and forgot to remove it. 

Did I get upset? Goodness no. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention Lucky Leprechauns.....

Whoo hoo! Time for some lucky, Irish fun. One lucky, lucky person will win a $25 gift card to Amazon to spend on whatever your little heart desires. Rules: Fill out the form. Comments and follows are not required, but sure are nice! US only, I am just too new at this to attempt International at this point. Check out all of the blogs on the hop! There are loads of chances to win some great stuff. Thank you for entering, and please feel free to stop back and visit me anytime! Contest open: March 17, 2011 to March 20, 2011. Winner will be notified on the 21st by email. Hop to here to see the list of participating blogs! Loading...

The Perfect Giveway!

Christi the Teen Librarian and I had the great fun of meeting Ellen Hopkins in Princeton last week. I want to share this great event with a reader who would love to own an autographed copy of Ellen's latest YA novel: Perfect. This is a finished copy, not an arc. Here's the skinny. No fancy forms, no extra entries (you know, I think those things are bunk anyway!), and no hoops to jump through! *you must be 13 to enter *I can only ship to US addresses only (sorry!) *Giveaway runs until November 11 *winner will be determined by Random.org So leave a comment with your name, and a way to contact you. Follows are NOT required, but I have more giveaways planned so you may want to follow just so you have a head's up on those.

IMM

photo from so funny, thanks! IMM is a meme hosted by The Story Siren . The meme is on vacation, but I promised in my New Year's Rezzies to start posting about the books I have received, so here we go! UPDATE: Apparently, IMM is back in action. No one tells me anything. Go here . Read, learn, link up. I won a giveaway on Michelle's blog , and with the 15 dollar gift cert. I was able to pick up: XVI by Karr The Water Wars by Stracher Next I bought: Personal Demons by Desrochers Dogsled Dreams by Johnson and preordered a whole bunch more. From the library: The Iron Fey series (book one and two) Dirty Little Secrets by Omololu And, bum bum bum, the motherload in egalleys for review: Red Glove by Black Cryers Cross by McMann Haven by Cook Darkness Becomes Her by Keaton Stay by Caletti Ten Miles Past Normal by Dowell