Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bring 'em on!

It's not even Christmas yet, and already I'm getting ready for my 2009 reading challenges. Yes! I found the 20 in 2009 Challenge (easy peasy), the 50 Books in 2009, the New Author Challenge, the Read Your Own Books Challenge (which is brilliant-because I never read anything I own because I have to read my library books first), The Ride the Reading Wave 2009 YA Book Challenge, and the Pub Challenge 2009. I like reading challenges because they give me an extra sense of satisfaction when I finish a book. I don't do it for a prize, or for the glory. Mostly I do it to see what other people in the challenge are reading.
I do hate when people cheat at challenges. For example, I did the Chunkster Challenge last year (4 books over 450 pages long) and I was unable to complete it. Someone read The Invention of Hugo Cabret which is a rather large childrens book that happens to be 75 percent illustrations. Whoo! That must have taken them a whole hour!
I do want to thank all of those kind souls out there who run the challenges. They do this out of the kindness of their own hearts. They rock!!

2 comments:

J. Kaye Oldner said...

Wanted to stop in and welcome you to this challenge. If you haven't already, feel free to join us at the Yahoo Groups where others are participating in this challenge as well as others.

Andrea said...

I'm glad to see what challenges you're entering! I'm already thinking about challenges too and keep visiting my favorite blogs to find out. So I'm glad you posted this so early :-)