Thursday, February 18, 2010

Still deciding what to read for the name challenge...so far I have-

K-Keep Sweet by Greene (done)
R- The Red Tree by Kiernan (done)
I- Incarceron by Fisher (done)
S- Scorch Trials by Dashner (not until October)
T-The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Webb (done)
I-?
E-Eighty Four Charing Cross Road by Hanff (done)

I think I'm going for a re-read of Into the Forest for my last "I". It will be the third time I have read it in 10 years. I love to discover, again, why I loved it the first time. Sometimes, though, books do not hold up and I do not love them as much on a second read. That and time constraints keep me from re-reading more often.

I finished Horns and it was a little draggy. I think Hills skills improve every time I read him, but I didn't care for the main character. The story was more of a murder mystery with supernatural elements than a supernatural story with a secondary plot of a murder. It was still good, but I thought it was a little too much.
I found the Red Tree online as an ebook and started reading it, but after a couple of hours, I was glad to find my library owned it in book form. Staring at the screen for that amount of time really hurt my eyes. I am never going to be an ebook person. I'll take my good old books anyday.
Kiernan is a really imaginative writer, and I have never heard of her before. I'm glad I found her!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I have been wanting to read 84 Charing Cross Road for awhile now.

I'm the same way about ebooks! My dad is the opposite, he loves his Kindle and reading on the computer and dislikes turning pages (weird, I know). I love having a REAL book. :-)