Skip to main content

It's Monday! (3)

Did you enter to win Perfect?

It's Monday is hosted by Book Journey.
I love being nosy and seeing what everyone else is reading, so I stop by there often!

This week I have a new plan. Hee-hee! All of my other plans have failed because I work at a library and I get distracted by books I find on the shelf, or ones that come in tucked into the new book bag. Ah, the new book bag. It's like Christmas morning all of the time.....

But I digress.

This week's plan is to read ONE ebook. I don't care which one, but I have tons uploaded and need to read them. Then I will read one library book (you don't want to know how many I have checked out, but I think I am carrying the statistics for my branch). Then, I will give my middle grade reads a rest, and read one book I own.

I'm sure this plan will go to heck when a tour book shows up, but for now, that's the plan and I will try to stick to it!

Last week I read:
Away by Teri Hall
Banished by Sophie Littlefield
A Monster Calls by Ness
I started The Name of the Star and Dearly Departed.
Plus grad school. Is it any wonder I can't watch much TV!
I did however catch Grimm and it rocked.
I loved the part where the nurse questioned the knife wound scars on Marie's body, and he says, "She was a librarian."


Comments

I love all the books you read last week. Good job with the e read! I try to read a non fiction a week :)
Tanya Patrice said…
I'm very active at my library too - they always have something on hold for me! I fell asleep in the middle of Grimm last week and I haven't had the time to catch up with it yet.
Anonymous said…
I went to pick up one book at the library yesterday and came home with 7 despite having a packed reading schedule this month LOL

Enjoy your reading this week!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd out

Popular posts from this blog

Attention Lucky Leprechauns.....

Whoo hoo! Time for some lucky, Irish fun. One lucky, lucky person will win a $25 gift card to Amazon to spend on whatever your little heart desires. Rules: Fill out the form. Comments and follows are not required, but sure are nice! US only, I am just too new at this to attempt International at this point. Check out all of the blogs on the hop! There are loads of chances to win some great stuff. Thank you for entering, and please feel free to stop back and visit me anytime! Contest open: March 17, 2011 to March 20, 2011. Winner will be notified on the 21st by email. Hop to here to see the list of participating blogs! Loading...

The Perfect Giveway!

Christi the Teen Librarian and I had the great fun of meeting Ellen Hopkins in Princeton last week. I want to share this great event with a reader who would love to own an autographed copy of Ellen's latest YA novel: Perfect. This is a finished copy, not an arc. Here's the skinny. No fancy forms, no extra entries (you know, I think those things are bunk anyway!), and no hoops to jump through! *you must be 13 to enter *I can only ship to US addresses only (sorry!) *Giveaway runs until November 11 *winner will be determined by Random.org So leave a comment with your name, and a way to contact you. Follows are NOT required, but I have more giveaways planned so you may want to follow just so you have a head's up on those.

Time Enough At Last

Finding time to read seems to be an issue if you are not the type to make it a priority. Really, though, I think the major obstacle to finding time to read is not Life itself, but the television. I try to limit my TV viewing. Time is so precious to me, I can't squander hours away in front of the box. Not only am I a parent of two little girls, I work full time, and attend college full time. The best thing that ever happened to me was the invention of the digital recorder. I can tape my shows and watch them on my schedule. Some of the TV shows I find worth my time are: Torchwood, Lost, Doctor Who, Pushing Daisies, and My Name Is Earl. I'm not loyal to any of them, and a great book takes precedence over watching TV. Last year I managed to read sixty four books. This was the lowest total for me in years, but my Fall semester was reading intensive and I don't count textbooks in my final total. I also do not count my YA reads, but I read quite a lot of them to stay on top of ...