|Reading | by Moyan_Brenn Reading | by Moyan_Brenn via Flickr|
In order to keep things sane, I want to set some goals for myself. I began preparing by watching a lot of vloggers on Youtube lay out their TBR's. This was awesome because I realize now that the readathon is a lot looser in structure then I originally thought. For example, I see a lot of readers who are working on finishing a novel but stopping with a 100 pages or more to go with the goal of finishing during the Readathon. Okay! That works for me. The bad side effect of watching the videos is that I keep adding up more and more titles to my own TBR. Sigh.
- I can read as much or as little as I want. The point here, for me, is to actually enjoy a full 24 hours of doing what I love to do the most: read.
- Real life has to happen too. I already know I have to grocery shop. It is what it is. I have uploaded an audio book for that very reason! We will see how that goes.
- Enjoy some graphic novels, guilt free. Often, I put novels over graphic novels because I feel time pressed to finish the novels because of book clubs or due dates. I OWN Monstress and still have not taken the time to read it.
- Work on the Nebula and Hugo nominees. I wanted to have all of the Nebula and Hugo nominees read by now. Some of them are only 25 pages long! Seriously! I'm dedicating this readathon to that over all else. I'm okay on the novels, it's the novellas and novelettes.
- I have a ton of books checked out from the library. Well, not literally a ton but close. The goal is to hopefully get through some of them as well.
Next post: the TBR